Friday, October 9, 2009

Wondering where everyone is and is anyone looking at their relationship with food???? Please tell me you are out there; I want to hear one voice. I know you exist. When you eat, your mind plays tricks with you that take you away from the loving kindness food is to your body. Instead, you fear it is the enemy and you enter into battle with each meal. But the only one who gets wounded is you. You are the one who struggles with living in this cycle everyday, wishing and wishing it would finally stop.
Did I tell you that I once weighed 220 pounds? That was when my weight wasn't going up and down every other day. I even remember feeling completely resigned to it never changing; never.
I couldn't allow myself to even appreciate my worth or beauty. My lover Food and I were in such a conflicted relationship; one day up, the next down.
Today my relationship with food is ecstatic. I do not exaggerate. I dance with food; from preparation to ingestion, this relationship is loving and intimate. Food honors me and in return, I choose foods that nourish my soul.
When I eat, I offer gratitude for each aspect of my food.
Tonight, I offer compassion and an open ear for those of you who struggle...I hope you come forth to share your story with me.
HolisticGirl

2 comments:

Stephanie Besson said...

I just saw this blog!!!

HolisticGirl said...

Excellent; it's been here waiting for you!