Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What is Your Body Telling You?

MMM, Delicious Food Day:
Breakfast:
Crazy Cacao:
Coconut water, superfoods (Vitamineral Green, Dark Mint Maca, Earth, Fruits of the Earth), raw almond butter, banana, cacao

Lunch:
1 Himalayan fig
4 Foods Alive Mexican crackers with smear of raw tahini

Dinner with Lori:
Hope's Love Soup: 3 avocados, 1 Valencia orange, coconut water, splashes of Bragg's Amino Acids and sea salt, with fresh corn off the cob and diced red pepper
Vitamix all the ingredients except the corn and pepper; add them in for chunk
This soup turns a luscious vibrant green

Hope's Stuffed Shroom Caps:
Marinated Portobellas: rub Bragg's on the them, first lightly washing them and then cutting off the stems so the mushrooms can turned upside down and stuffed
Save the stems, except for very tips, and marinate those as well; all for a couple of hours
Soak raw walnuts for a couple of hours
Drain and rinse the walnuts
Put them in a food processor, adding 3 carrots, olive oil, nutritional yeast and sea salt to taste; keep adding water till the consistency is right
Stuff the caps and eat!

Lori's Kale Salad:
Kale, avo and tomato; YUM!
Lori's Strawberry Pie with date-pecan crust

Coconut Bliss naked Coconut Ice Cream

Exercise: Thoroughly cleaned my home

I thought this post from Janine would be helpful to share, as I'm sure alot of you experience this:

Janine:
YES.....just had an epiphany late last night that I overeat and have been in denial/ignorance about it. I get terrible indigestion when I do. The challenge is to be clear about it and be consistent with eating smaller meals. I remember the book "Fit For Life" going into depth about proper food combining and it makes total sense.

OK, so identification is the key to transformation, Janine! We normalize not feeling well. Improper food combining is the cause of many people's indigestion and reflux. Also, if you are eating late at night or less than 3 hours before bed, can you let that go? If you divide your breakfast and lunch, and eat every two hours with smaller meals, that will help (1/2 breakfast at 8:00, 1/2 breakfast at 10:00, 1/2 lunch at noon, 1/2 lunch at 2:00). Let me know how this goes.

When I eat too late (like while blogging!), I go to bed feeling "off" and full; I wake up feeling sluggish and my eliminations are more of the "detox" type
When I do poor food combining, I am "gassy".
Our bodies thrive on the right fuel.


Are you having an "Ah Hah" moment about your own eating patterns and resulting body responses? Please write in and let me know...

No comments: