Friday, June 27, 2008

Stand Up for What You Believe!

Ok, so tonight was such a magical night. Alan and I were invited to the Macolm X and Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center in Manhattan. Ilyasah Shabazz, Malcom's daughter, went to high school with me, and she was so awesome to comp us these tickets to the Gala Fundraiser in honor of the work of her parents.
Wow; I am left with the vibe of the whole night; people who care...vs so much complacency in our world. You could just feel the pride and joy in the room.
Malcolm was only 39 when he was killed; and by the way, the center is where that was. Our whole dinner was in that exact room; what a legacy.
All these advocates for change; Malcolm, Martin, John Lennon...they were young! Imagine taking a stand for what you believe in your 20's; imagine that you might just change the world.
I had the juiciest watermelon for breakfast. I confess, I have a Summer addiction to organic seeded watermelons; yes, those are watermelons that are not genetically modified to be seedless. Can you imagine? People are too lazy or fatigued (probably from all the processed food they are eating) to take seeds out of watermelons, so now they breed seedless melons. What? You mean you can't spit pits at your friend?It's a raw foodists delight to eat big, juicy melon in the Summertime. This meal I don't sit down for; it's eaten right at my kitchen counter, and the chunks are large.
More to come on that one.
Peace & Love,
Hope

No comments: