Saturday, May 29, 2010

Freedom with Your Food and Your Body; It's Here

Today's Beyond the Beyond Rawliciousness:
Breakfast:
Yes, this was my Memorial Day Weekend "Yes, I can eat this for breakfast!": 1 raw almond square - tastes just like an almond joy but 10 times yummier!!!
Caramel bar coated with raw dark chocolate - both of these are from One Lucky Duck in NYC.
I am not a morning sweet eater. Look at my blog; I never eat sweets in the AM. But this morning, after a great hot run, I poured my 32 ounces of water and went to town with a decadent breakfast. Sometimes, we just have to let go and fly free. For those of you who know my story, one of the reasons I got into the field of health counseling was my own journey with food when I was younger. Many of you know I was 220 ounds at one time; also, that my sense of confidence was connected to my ever fluctuating weight. All these years later, I do not own a scale and weigh myself about twice a year. One of my specialties and expertises in counseling is working with people with eating disorders and seeing their pain around food and their bodies. So, I know what it feels like to have freedom and ecstatic joy with my food, my body and my health. Eating this morning's breakfast is a validation of that; I was smiling as I "engaged" these decadent sweets. I am also grateful to have asuch a beautiful and intimate relationship with my food. I wish this for all those who need healing in this area. I know you are out there. I hope you are reading this. Know that it is possible to have a life of freedom with your food and your body; I promise you.

Lunch:
Rockin' Smoothie with thai coconut meat and water, with water, Superfoods of Earth, Vitamineral Green and Vanilla Spice Maca - 25 ounces

Dinner: all made by Chef Lori:
Hors D'oevres of sunflower seed/sundried tomato/olive pate on lettuce leaves and cucumber slices; garnished with olive slivers
Entree:
Taco Madness: Romaine leaves layered with taco crumble, guacamole and tomato; garnished with olive slices
Dessert:
Raw Chocolate Ganache with a pecan cacao nib crust, drizzled with a strawberry sauce and accompanied by raw Madagascar vanilla bean ice cream
Words cannot even describe this experience; this dessert was insane!!!!

Keep enjoying your holiday and love the food that loves you back.

No comments: