Thursday, April 12, 2012

5 Girls Juicing Day 3

Juices:
1 quart cabbage, celery, cilantro, with lots of cayenne, nori seaweed shake, Himalayan sea salt lemon, poured into a soup bowl
2 1/2 pints of morning juice
1 1/2 quarts of bi-colored chard, dandelion greens, parsley, cilantro, navel oranges, carrot, apple and cocnut oil, with water
10 oz. lemon water
30 chlorella tabs
Total: 2 3/4 quarts

I am fascinated by the process of detox/cleansing. My enemas are getting better, but emotionally, they (I) feel very vulnerable to me. I'm trying to get in touch with what that's about, as I never felt that with colonics. It feels like I'm invading my inner sanctum, where all my secrets lie, and leaves me feeling a little tired with a desire to be held. Still lots coming out!
I was focused for counseling and other aspects of my practice yesterday. I skipped exercise and gave my body a rest. This is so strange as I usually bound outside to run. Honoring my body right now is number one.
I was supposed to go over to Irina's for sauna and juicing in the late afternoon, but as I contemplated going, I was gripped with an unknown fear and no desire to leave my home. I called Irina and told her I was going to take a nap and would call her when I awoke. As soon as I lay down, I thought about the fact that each day of juice feasting brings the body and psyche back 120 days. That is why you can re-experience aspects of where you were physically and emotionally at at various times in your life. You might smell something from the past or feel a sensation or symptom in your body from another time. Trust that this is part of the detox process and an amazing opportunity for core healing on a cellular level. As I was sharing this with a client in session yesterday, I said, "It's really another way to rewire trauma." So we get to go back there and heal deeper yet being kept safe with high health at the same time. If you are familiar with EMDR, it does this in a different way, using eye movement. Well, in my assessment, this type of detox can do this as well; heal the trauma on a cellular level.
So, back to my bed. As soon as I lay down, I realized that it was Day 3, which would be 360 days back, which would have made it April 16th of last year. This is when I had just gotten to Sedona and would be going to the Moab desert in Utah as well. I actually had debated going on that trip, even though I was excited, because of some things going on in my life which were bringing up fear. And even though the trip was remarkable and life changing, it was a journey that called upon all of my inner strength at times to walk through. Fear was definitely present for me on a core level in a way I hadn't experienced in many years. As soon as I realized this while laying in bed, I was completely fine. I understood the source of my fear.
I took a three hour nap to cleanse, and when I awoke, I felt great and filled with energy. I went over to Irina's, where we took a forty-five minute sauna together and sweated like crazy. Then we juiced for an hour, the whole time (sauna and juicing) talking and sharing about our lives. After watching a movie I left, feeling energized and alive!
It is extraordinary to be living in these houses we call our bodies and experience the miracles they bestow upon us each day if we only stay present to the process. I am enormously grateful.

No comments: