Sunday, March 21, 2010

Breathe as Deeply as Possible

Breakfast:
32 ounces of Raw elixir with water, banana, mango, psyllium seed powder and agave
Lunch:
salad with romaine, radish, carrot, sprouts with dulse and dressing of nutritional yeast, olive oil and sea salt

32 ounces lemon water
a couple handfuls of raw cashews
Raw Revolution chocolate raisin bar
Dinner:
2 small bowls of last night's chocolate avocado pudding - it only gets better when it sits in the frig for a day!
8 ounces raw cacao elixir with: coconut water, water, cacao powder, cacao nibs, banana, psyllium seed powder, agave, almond butter - this was rockin'!!! Who needs ice cream!
My food was light and wonderful.
Drumming and singing under the sky with good friends to pay homage to and welcome in the Spring Equinox. Wonderful roaring firepit. Just going to sleep now, and it's 1:30 AM. Keeping my food light gave me potent energy.


Today was my first seasonal run in shorts and a tank top! The golden sun was shining down and I was consciously breathing slow, long, deep breaths; kind of like Ujaya yoga breaths, as I ran. I could hear my breath making a gutteral sound as I ran past people at the beach. "Breathing in, I know I am breathing in. Breathing out, I know I am breathing out." Those are the words of Thich Nat Hahn; breath as a guide to meditation. Bringing in oxygen and chlorophyl are the major catalysts to healing the body. Stop and notice how shallow your breaths might be; now stand or sit comfortably and allow your breath to feel like it's coming up from the earth through the arches of your feet; now into your legs and then into your hips and groin; moving into your belly and solarplexis, expand your belly; now all through your back and up into your shoulders; down your arms and up into your head, face and scalp and out the crown. Expand your belly with each inhlae, let it fall back inward with each exhale. Take your breath to a new edge with each inhale and with each exhale. Exhaling, flow your breath back through your body while lightly raising your tongue in your mouth; you will hear the opening in your wind pipe and a whooshing sound. Full, deep breaths. Now, bring them into your body when you're doing the dishes. Let them enter you while you are making the bed. Consciously connect with the greatest healer of all; your breath as medicine to feed your body and awaken your cells.
Ahhh....

No comments: