Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spend time with good friends

What I ate today:
Breakfast:
Juicy Bosc pear

32 ounces lemon water
bites of fresh Thai coconut
tastes of raw chocolate pudding as I was making it for tonight. I licked the bowl clean, and it reminded me of being a child.

Lunch:
remaining teaspoon of sunflower seed sundried tomato pate
elixir of:
fresh Thai coconut
water
blueberries
banana
agave
cacao nibs

Dinner:
beautiful salad with greens and sliced daikon (thank you, Jane)
Sunshine cheese with celery and carrots (Liz and Michael); Yum!
Stuffed portobella mushrooms with walnut pate (Nick and Irina!!!) really elegant

pear juice and Pellegrino

Dessert:
My chocolate pudding:
avocados, fresh Thai coconut water and meat, cacao powder, agave, cacao nibs, rolled dates in coconut
Coconut Bliss ice cream (not totally raw but clean)

Tonight was our monthly Raw Food & Film gathering, which is held at the home of my dear friends Irina and Nicholas.
I know Irina will love me sharing this, as she always tells people that a year ago January (the 16th, to be exact), I held an Un-Cooking Class and she and Nick attended. We made so many dishes, and afterwards, Irina went raw! I didn't find this out until months later, when I ran into a mutual friend who said, 'You know Irina is raw, right?' Tonight, Irina was relaying this story and said, "We ate all these dishes, maybe nine of them, and I thought, if raw food tastes like this, what need is there to eat cooked food!" And so she went raw.
If you are trying to integrate more raw into your life, create opportunities to surround yourself with others who are doing the same. It keeps you accountable to your personal visions and supports having community around the process.
Plus, what could be better on a Friday night than eating, watching a film and having great conversation? Choose those with whom you feel wrapped in a blanket of love and stimulated in your conversation and passion. Friendship is the highest elixir of all.
Think about this:
Who sees you as magnificent?
With whom can you let down and be real?
With whom can you speak your truth?
Who spurs your creativity?
Who will hold you when you need holding?
Who will run with you through the sprinklers in Summertime?
Please share what friendship mean to you....
In Raw Bliss,
Hope


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who sees you as magnificent?
With whom can you let down and be real?
With whom can you speak your truth?
Who spurs your creativity?
Who will hold you when you need holding?
Who will run with you through the sprinklers in Summertime?

Hope does!!!!!
I am eating raw cashews as I type this :)

-Wendy said...

"We ate all these dishes, maybe nine of them, and I thought, if raw food tastes like this, what need is there to eat cooked food!"
I said the same thing after attending an 'un-cooking' class with Hope! She's Amazing : ) and... responsible for bringing raw food to my awareness!

One day at the end of the day, without even trying too, I realized I had eaten raw all day!
The day I made raw chocolate frosting it had me dancing around the kitchen wondering why anyone would ever want to eat anything other!
Thank You Hope!
Big Hugs & Love :)

HolisticGirl said...

Oh, Heather, that is so beautiful; thank you for believing in me! I love that you are eating raw while typing raw!

HolisticGirl said...

Thank you, Wendy! And you took my inspiration and have run with it down the raw yardline. Just a little about Wendy: She stands clear in her commitment to her health and well being through food. No matter where she goes (restaurant, party..) Wendy totes her avocadoes with her so she always has something to eat. Plus, Wendy could definitely be a raw chef; one year, she came back from the Raw Spirit festival inspired and re-created a bunch of recipes that blew me away!
PS - I dance around the kitchen alot, too :)