Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Decreasing Food; Increasing Liquids

Today's Raw:
Breakfast:
6 slices Manna carrot raisin bread with smears of raw crunchy almond butter
32 ounces lemon water

Lunch:
3 bowls
cabbage salad with apple, dressing of apple cider vinegar, Bragg's, sea salt, nori, cayenne, olive oil
Sunshine Cheese from raw soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, sea salt and water

Snack:
4 bricks goji berry granola from two Moms in the Raw

Dinner:
Salad with romaine, radish, carrot, broccoli sprouts, sunflower seeds, with nutritional yeast and dulse, with dressing of olive oil and sea salt
2 cups of coconut water

I can just feel my body getting ready for a cleanse. It feels as though this "detox" I am experiencing is even more exacurbated by the act of eating. Now, anyone reading this who knows me will say, "What??", as they know my passionate relationship with food. I LOVE to eat! But here's the rub: My body is clearly speaking (loudly) to me and saying, "Just clean out; really clean out. Do a two week juice feast and then have a colonic, and you'll be golden." I know when my body talks, as it makes itself known! I am feeling that the more I wean off solids for a couple of weeks, the more energy I will have, and the more my body can unclog and rid itself of any metabolic waste it has accumulated over the past few months that is showing itself in physical ways, like the "wei chi" reactions I blogged about. I already know how high my energy can go when I eat simply and minimally. But the cleansing part is what is talking 'louw-dy' (as Michael Franti says). Hmm, the only thing is my schedule and some playdates and events I have coming up...
If one is going to cleanse, this is the optimal time of the year in the U.S.; Spring cleanse. We accumulate alot during the Winter and want to shed our protective layers and shift into optimizing our systems for the new season. We no longer need the extra Winter fats that kept us warm (I took full advantage of them this Winter!) I just read the Raw Reform blog, from the lovely Angela Stokes-Monarch, and listened to a video of she and Matt Monarch speaking about new extracts they are carrying that are wildcrafted; you can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK0tPRIalTQ The dark chocolate extract has no caffeine or theobromine; would be great to put in my green smoothies for my cleanse :) see, the foodie in me is back. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.therawfoodworld.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=0&zenid=iq3mift7et80v7jo0gi6570k64&keyword=chocolate+extract
Please write in and tell me what messages your body is giving you today?

No comments: