Sunday, March 14, 2010

Raw Rocks & Homage to the Spruce

What I ate today:
28 ounces of water with lemon
28 ounces of fresh nutmilk smoothie:
soaked Brazil nuts, water, banana, mango, cacao nibs, almond butter, agave - YUM!!!
large salad with lettuce, carrot, radish, purple cabbage, broccoli sprouts, sunflower seeds with dessing of nutritional yeast, olive oil, cayenne & sea salt
guacamole with avocado, tomato, purple onion, sea salt, lemon, cayenne, hot sauce, dulse shake, nori shake; with carrot and celery
manna carrot raisin bread with smears of raw crunchy almond butter (not totally raw at temp of baking, but close enough for this raw foodist today!)

Looked out my window this morning and saw the beautiful blue spruce at the end of the driveway uprooted and stretched across the driveway. The City of Stamford got slammed with the wind and rain storm yesterday. I saw this graceful tree swaying during the day. This morning I cried for him. One time, when I was in a writers' group, I wrote a poem about him and the other spruce, who we lost some years ago. Today, I went down to speak to the tree and offer him some healing touch. Nature really is the Divine Source; all else flows from there. I love you, tree; you made a difference in my life.
It's amazing how increasing my water again is just blasting my energy. Starting my day with a mason jar of lemon water both cleanses and detoxifies my liver daily as well as hydrating me. As a result, I feel energy surging through me and an emotional clarity; as if my brain is also functioning at a higher level.
I loved that the storm allowed me to slow down and stay inside all day yesterday. I purposely did nothing intensive; no cleaning; no Holistic Empire projects; only leisurely detailed journal writing; lots of eating, with special note to finishing off the final piece of raw berry cheesecake that Liz had made me for my birthday; juicy phone conversations with friends and time to connect with me.
As a result, I was so energized today that I went out to run in the rain. I took a great five miler this morning. At the beach, there were sections of the path that were no longer visible and filled with water from the Long Island Sound. I felt like I was running a Bushwack race, maneuvering over sand and grass to make my way around. Benches were sitting in large pools of water. The temperature was mild, and I had a mask on to keep my face dry. It was so exhilirating.
I feel the desire to do a Spring cleanse; it will probably come in the form of a juice feast. I anticipate doing a week-long cleanse this month and then a larger one in June. Gabriel Cousens is spearheading a month-long juice fast to combat global warming. One of the largest sources of global warming comes from the methane produced from factory farming. Coming together through juice fasting is a proactive way to take a stand on global warming and against the suffering created from the factory farming of animals. Who wants to join me?? Juice feasting (as the Raw Foodists have named it) creates so much energy in the body, as the digestive system is not being taxed; therefore no heavy digestion; no inflamation; alkalized body system.
One more day of rain? and then Tuesday Spring is back. Soon I'll start to add in warm weather fruits.

2 comments:

-Wendy said...

I love you beautiful sister!

HolisticGirl said...

Back at you, sister! You rock my world.Thank you for appreciating me.